FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT DO I DO IF MY CHILD TESTS POSITIVE FOR COVID-19?
- Self-isolate for 10 days and not attend school during this time.
- Contact the school as soon as possible so that a Warm & Inform letter may be issued to the class if required.
- The Public Health Agency Contact Tracing Service will be in touch to determine who is a close contact of your child.
- They will require contacts of those idenfitied in order to inform them.
WHAT IF MY CHILD TESTS NEGATIVE FOR COVID-19?
- If your child tests negative for COVID-19 they can return to school as normal, provided they feel well enough to do so.
WHAT DO I DO IF MY CHILD’S FRIEND TESTS POSITIVE?
- Unless the PHA Contact and Trace team are in touch with you, then there is no requirement for you or your child to self-isolate.
- If your child has been identified as a close contact, then the PHA will make contact with you or your child and provide advice.
- If your child develops symptoms they must self-isolate and not attend school, until they have had a negative test.